Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Lesson 2 Reflection





1.What are you most proud of in your Lesson 2 Presentation and why?

I am actually quite proud of both my hook and activity, both of which were Twine games that I made myself. Not only did I take an extremely long time in coding them, but from what I can tell, both were very funny and very enjoyable to the audience. Moreover, there was actually quite of number of unforeseen pickles during the beginning of the presentation, but I feel I reacted appropriately by moving past them instead of fretting over it during the presentation (namely, that I couldn't properly put my PowerPoint on full screen). I have tested it over and over again in my own computer, and it worked totally fine, and I don't believe I should be held accountable for the PowerPoint malfunctioning on that point .

2. a. What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 2 Presentation (self-assessment)? P.

     b.  Explain why you deserve that grade using evidence from the Lesson 2 component contract.

I don't think I had any trouble with volume and enunciation, as well as body language and eye contact. I made sure to face the audience at all times. Unfortunately, because of the technical difficulties, which required me to stay on the editing mode of the PowerPoint, I tended to be close to the computer because I would have to constantly click on the correct slide since I couldn't simply go to the next one with tap on the SmartBoard. I 

I did not necessarily have props, nor did I really need any in my presentation. My Senior Project activity was actually a game that I made (http://www.philome.la/flitchera/do-your-activity/play) and I think it was creative and I spent a lot of time on it. The game allowed each player to have alternate routes in the story to play, and I debriefed the idea of teaching a lesson/moral and how that applies to educational games. 

Most of my research is adequate, and I feel like I gave enough support to validate my EQ answer.

I believe my powerpoint was aesthetically pleasing, but it was very very unfortunate that I could not "full screen" it. However, at the very least, I feel like I was able to capture the attention of the class at the beginning, which required a lot of interaction with them.

3. What worked for you in your Lesson 2?

I am sure that I was able to teach the audience something new about my topic, introducing the relatively new genre in educational video games such as intergenerational game play. In addition, both my hook and activity games produced the humorous reaction I had hoped from the audience, and I'm glad because they honestly took quite a long time to make.

4. What didn't work? If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your Lesson 2?


Ohhh my GOD, I would change absolutely so many things, but honestly, I don't know how I could avoid them even if I did go back in time. I had run into technical difficulties with my PowerPoint at the beginning, which wouldn't go "full screen" and I had to resort to playing my presentation in the editing mode. The only thing I would commend about this moment is that I made sure not to dwell on it much when I realized what was happening. I was afraid of wasting more time, so I just kept going. I would also manage my time better; I spoke for nearly 11-12 minutes, which cut down my time in the activity.

I had briefly forgotten to set up my EQ at the beginning of the presentation but remembered to place it when I reached the slide that announced what it was. Nevertheless it was mortifying and unprofessional.

5. What do you think your answer #2 is going to be?


During my presentation, I had shown the audience an educational game example that I once played, and I mentioned that it was a wonderful game because when I played it as a child, I didn't even realize it was an educational game. I was immersed in the game, and this gives me the idea for another answer, which is that educational games should be designed to not look like educational games.

No comments:

Post a Comment