Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Blog 6 - Advisory Prep




1. What has worked well for you concerning senior project this year?  What has made it a positive experience for you?  

I can confidently say that the best part of senior project thus far has been my mentorship experience. It has been filled with nothing but layers and layers of enjoyment; not only had I managed to get my first choice, but my mentorship takes place at one of my favorite universities. On top of that, I've been blessed to experience all this alongside my dear friend Clerisse, who I would be lost without (literally, too. I don't know my way around downtown LA and probably would have been kidnapped by now if it weren't for her). Simply traveling to our mentorship has become a learning experience thanks to her.

Meeting our mentors Tracy, Sean, Elizabeth, and the many frequenters of the USC Game Innovation Lab has been another grace in the mentorship. These people, who have all earnestly done everything they can to pass down their knowledge to us in game design, have put so much kind and sincere effort for us and have asked nothing in return. They are encouraging, frequently asking us what we plans we have for independent components and already suggesting ideas. They have made senior project infinitely more positive than I could have ever hoped, and I really hope that as we finish up the project, Clerisse and I will have independently created something worthwhile in the name of these people.

2. What are you finding difficult concerning senior project?  How can you adapt to make that portion work better for you?  How might the senior team help?

Concerning senior project, I would say the biggest difficulty I have found in senior topic is narrowing down my topic, since it seems to be a requirement. I'm not sure how specific of our topic the senior team wants us to have it, and even if I knew, I'm having trouble realizing what my narrowed-down topic should be. I already have an idea of what I would like to do for my independent component, but any independent component idea won't be approved until later. I mentioned in a previous post that this idea is to create a small game using a software that I have, which will be set in a virtual IPoly. The story is yet to be determined. This is something I absolutely want strive to complete in this project, but if I want to go through with it, I have to mold my topic/EQ to the game project (or vice versa), but that lends itself to me asking: is this something I should be doing?








No comments:

Post a Comment