Thursday, September 3, 2015

Blog 3 - First Interview Preparation

iStock_000002144669Large

1.  Who do you plan to interview?  Why?


I'm very fortunate to have up to three mentors who are good candidates for the interview: Tracy Fullerton, Sean Bouchard, and Elizabeth Swensen, who have been mentioned in my previous posts. Seeing as how we will be doing two interviews throughout Senior Project that will allow mentors, any of the three are possible candidates for this first one. Clerisse and I are sharing this mentorship, but there are many ways we can get around how we will interview; both of us can ensure that we each have different sets of questions prior, and then we conduct the interview at the same time, taking turns asking and receiving responses. Or, we can each decide on any of our mentors, and as the year progresses and we must have additional interviews, we switch and/or rotate our mentors as the interviewees. 


Tracy, Sean, and Elizabeth are all prospective interviewees for the assignment. I have decided that for this first one, I will be interviewing Sean Bouchard. This will be a perfect introductory setup for this project component, seeing as how Sean (as well as Elizabeth) are Game Innovation Lab Associates in USC. Not only is he one of my mentors, he is also well experienced in the art of game-making, particularly ones that are aimed to educate youth. I am confident that he will offer a lot of valuable advice and information regarding this topic of interest. Through this, I hope I'll narrow my topic of "game design" to something more specific in which I can channel my energy and work towards for Senior Project. 


While I'm only interviewing Sean as of now, one thing is true about all three of my mentors: each has their own unique wisdom to be shared in the world about their passion and skill in game design. Through these interviews, I am hopeful that their positive and sincere influence in a work that they love will be spread to all passionate people.


2.  Five questions will be assigned to all seniors to ask.  What additional questions do you plan to ask?  

  • What made you realize you wanted to do game design for a living?
  • What motivates you to create video games?
  • In your opinion, what is the best part of being in this field?
  • Did you envision yourself becoming a game designer when you were younger? 
    • If yes, how did you achieve this vision?
    • If no, what changed your mind?
  • What has been your greatest accomplishment in this field of work?

No comments:

Post a Comment