Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Blog 4 - House Advisory Prep 1


What do I hope to accomplish through my senior project topic, which happens to be game design?

In the literal sense, my greatest hope is to learn the basics to design my own video game, however primitive it may turn out, by using the role-playing game software my brother had given me. Besides my appreciation for these digital outlets that had shaped my childhood, my brother's gift was one of the things that had pushed me to choose this topic. The concept of the game I have in mind will have I-Poly's setting recreated, and will take the player through a virtual allegory of the most important ideas this high school has given us.

In the figurative sense, I want to find myself. Specifically, my goal is to explore this field, which is a prospective career of my choice. I love video games well enough, but the real, underlying personal goal of this project goes beyond that. Is this something I will be wanting to do after high school, professionally? There's no guarantee that I will even find this answer by the end of the year; after all, there's only so much I can discover within a single year, and I might still need a better "feel" of what this field is like. But I'm glad I'll at least be taking the chance to dive into it.



No comments:

Post a Comment